This past week made me so frustrated. Throughout this entire journey on weeks when I gained weight or didn't lose any there was always something I knew I did or could have done better: didn't exercise, ate out several times, snacked too much, etc. This week there was none of that. I really tried to watch what I ate, and by Thursday I had exercised 4 times. (I have started running/walking a few miles for an exercise routine.)
So Friday I decided to get an early look at the scale because I felt I had been really good and I wanted to see a good number. So I step on the scale and I had gained 4 FREAKING POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total frustration set in.
I didn't exercise Friday or Saturday because of bad weather and work plus I went to a family party Saturday night and a baby blessing/dinner on Sunday. Needless to say I was not looking forward to the scale today. I tried to be good at the parties, but without any exercise I figured the number would not be good.
So today I get on the scale and I had lost 3 of those 4 pounds. So you tell me... should I be excited about only gaining 1 pound, or frustrated about gaining 4 pounds when I work out, and losing 3 when I don't do anything? Right now I am completely confused and wonder if there is something I need to do differently or if I just chalk it up to one of those weeks. I am open to all advice fellow Club Zero members. My +1 WILL NOT be there next week. ALFALFA
PS- Darla forgot to weigh in this morning and will post tomorrow.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I say be happy that you only gained a pound and really you should be happy at the things that you did right this week. Such as working out and eating healthy - that is awesome!!!!!!
just know that your running is inspirational to the people's home you run past...run Forrest run!! Next week it will pay off!!
Here is my two bits Alfalfa, and there is no scientific proof for any of it, just my own observations. When I do weigh in's it seems like the scale is always a few days behind what I have been doing, so if I was really good this week and not so good last week, I may gain weight or get a zero, then if next week I am not careful, I may still lose weight because of the previous week. But the next week I will pay for the indulgence. So I don't know. Maybe you are the same way. Hang in there. (and forgive me if I just sound crazy, I know, the logic seems off, it is just what seems to happen to me)
Post a Comment