Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ok Razzle...

I need your food website again. I made these muffins for my kiddos for breakfast. They were quick, easy, and they wolfed them down. I tried one and decided that they maybe have to be made at least once a week (or maybe again tonight as a snack while I watch American Idol..lol) How guilty of a pleasure are they? (Maybe I don't want to know)

Crazy Whole Wheat Muffins

1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients. Put in greased muffin tin, bake 20 minutes. (8 minutes for mini muffins)

They didn't really raise like a regular muffin, more like the tops kind of sunk down a little. I tried really hard to stop the images of filling that dent with cream cheese frosting, and turning my little muffin into a cupcake. But after tasting them I wasn't tempted anymore. The outside got all crispy and crumbly, while the inside was all soft and warm....MMMM.....HELP!!!! I am so glad that my kids ate them all and only left one for me. Otherwise I might be in some trouble here. Hey, they have whole wheat flour and applesauce, they MUST be healthy.....right.....please?

-Cookie

2 comments:

Dave and Natalie said...

healtier than a snickers I'm sure

Dawni and Zach said...

here is the site

http://caloriecount.about.com/

I did it for a serving size of 12
192 caloris
9.2 g fat
.8 fiber
4 pts a piece