Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hi Everyone!!

It's seems like over the last few weeks we have been posting fewer and fewer things on non weigh-in days, so I just wanted to take the time to offer my thanks to Cookie for workout Wed. (I will definitely try to get in the extra work today), and to give my feelings on something I have been thinking about for the last few days.
To me the best part about Club Zero is that it encourages me first of all to make healthy choices with my life. I can already tell I have more energy every day, I feel better about myself, and most importantly my kids see the choices Darla and I are trying to make and they want to be healthy too. The weight loss will come because of this, but we all have to remember it is FAR more important to be physically healthy then it is to weigh whatever our lowest goal weight is. If I had to choose between being around to see my kids get married and have kids of their own or weigh what I did when I graduated from high school I know what I would choose.
So lets all remember that our true long term goal is dong this now so we can continue to enjoy all that life has to offer later. Thanks for letting me get on my soapbox about this. Hope you are all having a great week. ALFALFA

2 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

You are so right Alfie - I think we live in a world that pushes and pushes and pushes the concept that in order to be beautiful or handsome we must look a certain way. I honestly know that for most of us to look like that we would have to live a very unhealthy lifestyle. So here is to club zero - for helping us be our best selves - our best healthy selves.

Doug and Michele said...

I just heard a comment this morning about a Stake President who had to tell his congregation of women to quit the gym. They had become so obsessed their divorce rate was very high, and their families were being neglected. Thanks for keeping it real Alfalfa. We do need to take care of ourselves, but this should be a life enhancing change, not a life altering one. Thanks club zero for keeping perspective.