Thursday, January 22, 2009

Seriously starving!!!!

So, I have done Weight watchers in the past...It was wonderful!!! I lost 60 pounds and felt great and then I had one bad day of temptation...Dessert. And it has been uphill since! I have gained 25 of the 60 back...very slowly but sure enough it is here!!!! So, I really struggle with 9am. I eat with the kids at 7am. My breakfast is a nice warm bowl of oatmeal with raisins...nothing else!!! Doing great and then I am ravenous by 9 am and can't seem to satisfy my sweet tooth until by dinner time I'm not even hungry because I have been grazing ALL day!!!! I'm seriously lacking self control here.
-confessions of Battleshiphips

5 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

I would say first off bravo for getting up at 7 (I am such a bad mom my kids usualy eat cereal and toast) but maybe it would help if you didn't eat breakfast till 9 I know that is a stretch but maybe it would help.

The Walkers said...

A snack at 9:00 is fine. How about an apple or some other fruit. Oranges are great, a lot of fiber and not many calories. When I was on Weight Watchers I found that if I satisfied a craving quickly I ate a lot less points than if I tried to statisfy it with something else. Usually a bite or two would do the trick. Be sure you follow the nutrition guidelines. That is one of the important things that Weight Watchers pushes. Good Luck!!!! By the way did you make Lifetime when you were at Weight Watchers?

Dawni and Zach said...

I am a Weight Watcher lifetime member and I know how frustrating the not filling full thing can be when you are wantching your points. Their new program is amazing. It is geared towards more filling foods. I am finding that If I eat the more filling foods than I don't need to snack as much durring the day. If I do need a snack then I try to find a "filling foods" snack so I don't eat as much like carrots or an orange or something like that.

Dawni and Zach said...

Also...if I find I am craving sugar, sometimes (and this is a WW tip as well) fresh fruit will sometimes satisfy it.

Doug and Michele said...

I know you are getting way more advice than you probably want, but somtimes different things work for different people. With your breakfast sty adding something as small as a glass of skim milk. The protien is what does the trick. It takes your body longer to digest - and so increases metabolism and decreases hunger. If it is sweet you need try Yoplait light. Still the protien plus some great flavors! Good luck and keep at it!