Sunday, January 11, 2009

Temptations Galore!

Last night I went to the Jazz game with my Jr. Jazz team. On our tickets each of us had a free hot dog and drink. I got mine, thinking I need dinner and I don't have money for anything else. Then as Jacob snarfed his, my temptations were surpassed by my motherly instinct to make sure he had enough to eat. So I had only one bite! Small victory - temptation not over.
Then, of course, as 8 year olds do. He was hungry again in about 30 minutes. The snack bar had no healthy options - not that I expected any - but when you're hungry all the evil calls to you. My personal weakness. NACHOS. I know it's just processed cheese, but YUM! You can tell you are really being tempted when you see people walking up the stairs with their warm and crispy treat and your mouth naturally hangs open and you start to justify all the reasons it would be ok! I drank my light lemonade hoping to quench my hunger, no luck. So, back to the evil snack bar, we chose the healthiest I could find. Pretzel. I gave Jacob 3/4 of it and continued to resist. I simply didn't want to have to face club zero with a confession. I had one slice of cheese pizza when I got home (for dinner) and went to bed feeling full and happy! Thanks everyone for your support. Hopefully results tomorrow will be GREAT!
-Zody

3 comments:

Dawni and Zach said...

yay for resisting :) You are stronger than me. However, I did exersize late last night because of the guilt of everyone in the club. Thanks Club Zero

Tyson and Denise said...

Great job resisting Zode...what a success!

The Patty Cake House said...

Good Job!!!!