Just thought I would share some of the wonderful snacks that I discovered when I was going to Weight Watchers. This is a habit that I really have a hard time breaking. So a usual snack has to become a healthy one. Sugar free Jello is WONDERFUL. No calories. If you like fruit in it that is great but my favorite way is with Cool Whip Free. Also no calories. It is like sinning it tastes so good. You do have to use the brand name fat free COOL WHIP. The others are not so good. Fat Free Jello pudding is also wonderful. I even got away with feeding this to my 90 year old father and he never new the difference. Pretzels are great. If they need to be dipped in mustard (which I don't but other members of my family do) it is great. The lays chips are one of my favorite, more like real chips than baked but baked are great too. Chips and salsa becomes really healthy if you use the low calorie chips. I also found that if I had vegetables or fruit already cut up in the fridge I was more apt to eat it than if I had to stop and fix it. Snacking should be fast and wonderful, not complicated. And every once in awhile Chocolate just had to be there. I found that if I really craved something, one bite (or a small portion) would stop the craving and the increased calories would have been used in other ways as I tried to find something to take the place of chocolate. (NOTHING takes the place of chocolate, beleive me I tried)
Healthy Snacking!!!!
Poppy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I need to snack more I think - I'm cutting calories but man o man am I hungry. Like I said previously - I feel like all I eat is two pieces of parsley (not really true) but soooooo how I feel. Maybe snacking will help!!!
Post a Comment